All about music.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
After becoming curious reading some of the comments in the Britney Spears thread (and because I'm naturally nosey!) I thought this might be fun.
What was/were the FIRST music album/s-CD's you ever bought and what was/were the LAST?
Singles don't count.
In my case:
FIRST: Jimi Hendrix - Are you experienced & Cream - Disraeli Gears
LAST: The Prodigy - Always Outnumbered but never Outgunned.

Kim:
After becoming curious reading some of the comments in the Britney Spears thread (and because I'm naturally nosey!) I thought this might be fun.
What was/were the FIRST music album/s-CD's you ever bought and what was/were the LAST?
Singles don't count.
In my case:
FIRST: Jimi Hendrix - Are you experienced & Cream - Disraeli Gears
LAST: The Prodigy - Always Outnumbered but never Outgunned.

There's a Desert Island CD thread somewhere around here, too.

No Singles? bummer. First single was David Essex - Rock On.

Simple:
First album: Rubber Soul - Beatles.
Last album: Greatest Hits - Jimmy Buffet.

Curled up with a good book, a diet coke, put on Dark Side Of The Moon, and just vibed to the flow....

AAAUUUGGGGHHHH - sorry. Bad dream, there. :11:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Real First Album: Probably something from Deep Purple or Elton John.

Last Album: Hannah Ford "Beautiful Love" (indy artist.) I'm playing with her and I figured I better learn her stuff....

Last Non-indy: The new Dream Theater.

Who buys music anymore? Or better, full albums?

---
Ken

First:U2 - The Joshua Tree ( yeah, I know I **** on them in that other thread but they were good back then)
Last: Tom Waits - Real Gone, APC - Thirteenth Step
Next: the new Rheostatics album

mmm....I didnt' realize Dream Theater was still producing albums. I was introduced to them through this board actually. I love prog rock and I'm a huge Tool fan. There's a DIR video with DT as the score. Peruvian Skies set to cave diving is very kewl.

FIRST: Ren & Stimpy - You Eediot!
LAST: Iron Maiden - Dance of Death

Can't remember the 1st one probably the Monkees or maybe Paul Revere and the Raiders

Last one for me - License to Chill

Becky

First one i was given was probably one from the infamous "Now thats what i call music" compilation series, first bought in anger cant recall, could have been one of a number of things, i dont still own or listen to it for sure! It was certainly a cassette, might have been Elastica, i was copying a lot more at that time off my friends.

Latest - i just received in the mail a series of CD's, Nirvana - with the lights out, Norah Jones - feels like home and Alanis Morrisette - so called chaos. I have a list as long as my arm of CD's i'd like to get and not enough money to hit all of them! :wink:

First one....damn that was 35 yrs ago....not a clue
Middle ones....Buffett of course
Last one...Lucinda McWilliams...Car Wheels on a Gravel Road

hmmm... the first CD I recall in my life was, if I am not mistaken, Queen's Greatest Hits. That and some Ofra Haza.

latest? Citizen Cope - ehh I forget the Album Title.... great band, yet the album title eludes me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom