are there any real navy seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will check credentials.
Rick

I know 2 men that were Navy Seals.
Not everyone comes out of the job in good shape.

One of them smokes his breakfast and lunch each day. then drinks from the time he gets out of work til he passes out. :(

The other was an underwater demolitions expert :boom: . He drinks quite a bit too, but doesn't really need to, He's just not all there.

Sad but true.
I would hope that others that have seved our country as Seals have come out of it in better shape!

If I were looking to men that were Seals for advice on diving . I would make sure they are saner than the ones I know.

I respect all of the Navy Seals and any other of our coumties fighting men and women, but if the rest of the seals are anything like the one that I personally know and have dove with, I would not suggest looking t one of them for diving information, these guys do things and push limits far beyond what any rec diver should ever be doing.

Yes, I train seals.

Wait, I train PADI SEAL team members. Does that count?

There's a dive shop in Monterey that has a former navy seal on staff - he was my AOW instructor. Not at all messed up :)

It is likely that any currently active Navy SEALs are too busy training and going to 'conflicts other than war' to be on this board.
Even if they are on this board they are unlikely to identify themselves as SEALs. They don't want people to know who they are.
In years past people in the service who did 'interesting' jobs were prohibited from telling anyone who did not absolutely need to know about it.

The only real to find out what they really do is to become one of them, ... but then it is too late. :eek:ut:

I know it by accident, because he keeps it fairly quiet. I have a "Navy Seals" watch by LumiNox. He says its a fairly accurate repro with only one BIG mistake... it says Navy SEALS on it. They just don't like to advertise, and they don't like loudmouths. Very discrete.

Their are far more seal posers than actual seals out there, so if you find a "seal" check out this page just to be sure:

http://www.cyberseals.org/index.htm

Roak

Roak is right on that one. Lot's of fakes.

My OW instructor is an ex seal. He is also a dive buddy of mine now. He is in the group of people that I dive with. You will not know he was a seal unless you know him well. He does not tell people about it. He does not even like to talk about it. The only way he brings it up, is if you ask him a specific question about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom