Peak Performance Buoyancy Cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nkw5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anybody out there within driving distance of Sacramento or Monterey interested in getting a PPB cert for the cost of paperwork ($15)? PM me for details. And before you discredit the need/value for PPB honing, I've been diving for 7 years (180+ dives) and I redistributed my weights and lost 4 pounds! I have never been more comfortable in water.

Interesting to know that there are instructors in our area willing to peddle certs out of the trunk of their car to increase their numbers. :06:

Why does one need a certification for proper buoyancy characteristics?
Is one not allowed to dive if not PPB certified?
I help my dive buddies perfect their buoyancy/trim for free. I sort of thought that's one of the things a dive buddy did!

the K

melfox26:
Interesting to know that there are instructors in our area willing to peddle certs out of the trunk of their car to increase their numbers. :06:

And it's interesting to see instructors with 180 dives. :hmmm:

Or perhaps NKW's just brokering.

-Bill

bedmund:
And it's interesting to see instructors with 180 dives. :hmmm:

Or perhaps NKW's just brokering.

-Bill

If you want to be technical about it, one only needs to have 60 logged dives to begin the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) IDC.

You could in fact be completely right, Bill. However, is this the right place to be hawking "almost-free" classes?

Mel

melfox26:
If you want to be technical about it, one only needs to have 60 logged dives to begin the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) IDC.

Which is what I'm saying. YIKES.

melfox26:
You could in fact be completely right, Bill. However, is this the right place to be hawking "almost-free" classes?

Mel

Nope. We're saying the same thing.

And isn't there a saying? "If you pay .10 cents for a watch, you've got a watch that's not worth a dime."

For the record, I'm trying to help a friend drum up business. He needs to do 25 certs before PADI lets him teach other certs. Yes, I wondered if this was the right place to look for interest, but I was thinking there might be PADI cert card collectors out there looking for a deal or someone who was interested in getting buoyancy tips (yes, which you can sometimes get for free from other divers). And I'm definitely biased, but the $15 I paid for PPB was better spent than the $150 I paid for AOW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom