truth aquatics boats and hp-tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not according to their website:

Compressors on each boat:

Two Ingersoll-Rand @18 C.F.M. Capable of filling to 3000 P.S.I.

Want to ask them directly?

phone: 805-962-1127
fax: 805-564-6754
email: info@truthaquatics.com

sjspeck:
Not according to their website:

Compressors on each boat:

Two Ingersoll-Rand @18 C.F.M. Capable of filling to 3000 P.S.I.

Want to ask them directly?

phone: 805-962-1127
fax: 805-564-6754
email: info@truthaquatics.com
thank you very much, i will call them, but even your info is great, i now know i can at least get to 3000, and thats ok!!! thanks again

Conception filled mine the week before New Years. I noticed some short fills, some tanks it was hard to read the pressure reading and my buddy with doubles got consistantly short filled (I think the deck hand didn't know we knew how to read a watch & be back in time)

My fills got slammed a good part of the time and I ended up at 2800 or less on many of the dives. My SAC is fair, so it wasn't a huge deal.

Mr Dherbman was on the vision, they fill the shortest. On the conception we got 3000 pound fills and that works out to 107 cubic feet on your 120's.

Hello all,

I used to work at Truth Aquatics for 1/2 my life. Long time. Truth Aquatics fills tanks via 2 compressors of different cfm based upon boat. Bottom line is we try to fill to 3000. The air is pumped directly from the compressors through a keel cooler (Metal piping that runs up and down the length of the boat) then directly into the tank. The idea behind the keel cooler is, as the air travels through the pipe, the water helps to cool the air prior to entering the tank. The air is very hot coming out of the compressor. While the keel cooler helps, it does not cool the air completely, resulting in a "hot or warm" fill. The crew should be filling the tank based upon ratings but not higher than 3000, sometimes up to 3200 psi by accident. As the air in the tank begins to cool it will decrease in psi. So if you really want it filled as high as possible and have the time, you can let it sit for a while and then simply request a "top off". This will put you as close to max as possible. During lobster season this is nearly impossible as there simply is not enough time in between dives to top everyone off. I've found a really good tank is a steel 95 for the TA boats. You should be able to get a solid fill and have plenty of air for a nice long dive.

Keep in mind accidents happen and your fill may not reach max capacity. It is ultimitely everyones responsibility to check their own air fill prior to jumping in. If you don't have what you need, a kind request is generally all that's required and we are right there to fill your needs. Pardon the pun.

Happy diving!

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom