Coronados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arnaud

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone been to the Coronados? I hear a lot of good things about the diving, there. I'm thinking about driving down to SD to check them out. Worth the drive and the ride?

My personal opinion is 'maybe' - if you are looking to dive something other than Catalina or San Clemente - sure they are a nice days worth of diving. As a San Diegan, I have only been out three times over the years and I would rather spend the time and money to head to San Clemente or Catalina and have no strong desire to head back to the Coronados - unless it was a "free" trip of some kind.

Thank you! I've asked around since I posted this and got a similar feedback. Viz seems to be potluck. It's a long ride to get there and there isn't much to see, except for seal and sea lions. We have plenty of them right here... On top of it, an instructor who I spoke to had his boat hijacked by pirates on his way over there... I'll stick to the Channel Islands, though I'd like to try the Yukon some time. It's next on my list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom