What Peninsula/SV LDS Do You Use?

Who is your Peninsula/ Silicon Valley LDS?

• Any Water Sports

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Blue Water Divers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Burlingame Dive Center

• Diver Dan's

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • CA Dive Center

• Pacific Offshore Divers

• Peninsula Diving Center

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Stan's Skin and Scuba Diving

• Wallin's Dive Center

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

navy85

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings all.

I am relatively new to diving and the Bay area. I did my cert in the tropics and haven't done any diving here...yet. I'm looking for comments/recommendations on LDS on the Peninsula or in Silcion Valley. I live in San Mateo and work in Cupertino, so essentially anything from San Jose to South San Francisco should work. I will certainly check places out on my own, but it would be helpful to hear a few words from the local veterans. Thanks.

I'm up the road from you in Sacramento, not familiar with the bay area shops but thought I may as well put a plug in for my local shop up here.
Dolphin Scuba has their annual Father's Day Sale coming up, so if you're in the market for any goodies, it may be worth your while to take a hike up the road.
http://www.dolphinscuba.com/index.html

I've had dealings with several of the stores you've got on the list:

Any Water Sports - they run the best charter operation in Monterey - the Cypress Sea - Captain Phil Sammet is a great guy. I have had mixed dealings with *one* of their instructors - they have many others and I intend to take courses from them in future.

Wallins - I have purchased fins from Wallins and was impressed with the store and service, but have had no instruction from them - they're just inconvenient in terms of location for me, but if you're nearny, give them a try.

undisclosed - I have received certification from another store on your list that I won't mention - the course was good, but I would rather just leave my comments at that. I don't believe in badmouthing stores (with one exception in San Francisco), but I won't refer anyone to them.

It's not like you have to just patronize one and only one shop. I've bought stuff from all of the above except Ca Dive Center.

Diver Dan is my favorite. They have a great attitude and went out of their way to paw through their junk box to find the tiny bit of plastic I needed to repair my prescription mask.

However, I have no qualms about using others, such as the BCD I bought a couple weeks ago at Blue Water (closeout sale on old style Seaquest Pro QD, Diver Dan didn't have my size).

Stan's Skin and Scuba Diving at Bascom and I-280 in San Jose is another one to add to the list --- a good source for spearfishing gear.

Charlie

Not a good sign for the dive industry. I recall a shop in Santa Clara closed late last year.

Back
Top Bottom