Monterey Diver Emergency Plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikemath

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
One of the PADI DiveMaster requirements is to build a Diver Emergency Assistance Plan for the locations you are likely to dive. I feel like I've put together the important information for such a plan in Monterey, but I would like some feedback to check for accuracy since I've thankfully not yet needed to deal with a real emergency. In particular, I haven't been to CHOMP before, and it will be a couple weekends before I'm in Monterey again to check my directions myself. Can someone verify if Google's directions to CHOMP are correct?

My plan is supposed to be printed front and back on a single sheet, cut to size, and laminated. It's around 5"x7" once put together, small enough to fit in most first aid kits. You can take a look at the plan here: http://www.michaelmathieson.com/diving/monterey-dive-emergency-plan.pdf. Feel free to use it if you find it to be useful, but I do not claim any responsibility for the accuracy of information in the event of an emergency. When in doubt about emergency medical procedures, always consult with trained medical personnel.

I think you have Coral Street on the wrong side of Lover's Point, it should be closer to Point Pinos.

I think you have Coral Street on the wrong side of Lover's Point, it should be closer to Point Pinos.

Good catch, thanks! Haven't actually done a dive there yet, and thought it was before Lover's. Checked Google maps, fixed the issue and have uploaded the fixed PDF at the same location.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom