Dive in Earth Day April 17th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeepguy099

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Dive in Earth Day is coming up on April 17th!

Hello all,

I am new to diving (certified November) and new to posting here, yet I have been reading the forums for a few months. I plan on attending Dive In Earth Day as it is being sponsored by my employer, so I thought I would share it with anyone who might be interested.

I have attended a few dream diver meetings but am still fairly to the club. I think a few of you have attended this before so if you're interested in cleaning up around Del Monte, I encourage you to sign up! There is contact info included in the registration form if you have any questions! I will try answer any if I can.

Here is the site:
Dive In

And the registration form with contact info:
http://www.dreamdiver.com/images/2010%20Dive%20In%20to%20earth%20day%20flyer.pdf

Thanks, Philip (Jeepguy099)

I love the idea and am interested. But am I reading this flyer correctly or am I off? We have to pay $15 to register to pick up garbage on the beach(or ocean floor) for this event?

thx

Mark

I will be diving locally on April 22nd for Earth Day. We typically go to a camp area and get it cleaned up for the coming season. We certainly don't pay to do so though.

I love the idea and am interested. But am I reading this flyer correctly or am I off? We have to pay $15 to register to pick up garbage on the beach(or ocean floor) for this event?

thx

Mark

yeah its 15 dollars, but its more or less to cover your lunch and water bottle... i think you get some raffle tix as well

Does anyone know of any other "earth day" dives? And is anyone doing the dive the OP posted? I'm interested in a buddy :)

Thanks!

Cheeseman, if you're considering this there will be plenty of buddies for you!

I got a facebook message from one of the dive charters the other day saying that they were going to do an earth day cleanup in carmel on the 21st. 3 tanks for $75 i believe.

Also, just saw that the sea otter club is diving breakwater at 8:30 on the 17th as well

Cheeseman, if you're considering this there will be plenty of buddies for you!

I got a facebook message from one of the dive charters the other day saying that they were going to do an earth day cleanup in carmel on the 21st. 3 tanks for $75 i believe.

Also, just saw that the sea otter club is diving breakwater at 8:30 on the 17th as well

Thanks, the reason I asked is i'm on 15 so the liability and things may be an issue. ANyways, i'll give them a call and see what they think. Thanks for the info!

Anyone else from SB going to the "Dive In Earth Day?"

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom