Recognize this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, looked iffy so I just hovered over it.

Regarding the lights, they're held on with hose clamps. One that you can see lit. One pointing in the opposite direction of the lit one and then another attached to the lower left leg pointing forward (to the right). Only one of the lights was on.

Thanks for the link.

Probably a diy video camera housing. If the lights were still on, it wasnt out there long and i would have retrieved it. Being cheap, i probably would have stolen the camera out of it too. 'Nah, it was empty when i found it. I just dried it out for you, honest!'

No camera housing there. It was constructed of 6" cast iron pipe with cast iron caps (no ports) on each end. I imagine a pinger could be inside, if it's an experiment. It looks like orange foam isolates the feet from the pipe section.

No camera housing there. It was constructed of 6" cast iron pipe with cast iron caps (no ports) on each end. I imagine a pinger could be inside, if it's an experiment. It looks like orange foam isolates the feet from the pipe section.

It looks like it's designed to be towed/dragged along the bottom as all the feet point in one direction, but for the life of me I can't see why the lights would (normally) be pointing down if there's no camera. What's inside that little shroud on the right?

Guy

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom