Any reports of vis in Lobos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrewy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
planning on going sunday

Fantastic vis today 30-50+ft outside the cove depending on location/depth.

Have a great time.

Fantastic vis today 30-50+ft outside the cove depending on location/depth.

Have a great time.

Yep, viz was great at Middle Reef, even better a bit further outside the cove. Some long period swells but the surface was quite calm. If tomorrow is anything like today, it'll be a great day to dive.

It was definitely worth it. The first glimpse of the water from Hwy 1 was not inspiring at all... then the waves tossing up foam sent the same message. But after we got down to the Hole in the wall the vis opened up nicely. It was cold though. I was chilled and shivering when I got out... my drysuit was a little wet and scootering doesn't help either

Man, I'm envious of the lobos divers this weekend. I'm helping an open-water class, and breakwater was a bit of a mess...

Beautiful indeed, but my computer logged 46F at one point. Brrr! :cold:

I was at Lobos yesterday afternoon/evening walking around with my fiance' watching and video taping baby seal pups. I didn't get any water time so I can't attest to the viz but the baby seals were friggin' cute. The water looked pretty nice from the surface looking out from the cove though. If anyone down there noticed a guy walking around in a red tshirt and flip flops, that was me.. :)

-Mike

It was cold... I got a reading of 48 on the Uwatec bottom timer and my sensus pro... I had a small leak also and came out shivering. :(

I was at Lobos yesterday afternoon/evening walking around with my fiance' watching and video taping baby seal pups. I didn't get any water time so I can't attest to the viz but the baby seals were friggin' cute. The water looked pretty nice from the surface looking out from the cove though. If anyone down there noticed a guy walking around in a red tshirt and flip flops, that was me.. :)

-Mike

Mike,
were there still divers there? we hung around and chatted with the LA crew till about 330 pm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom