Local Drysuit Alterations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parabuzzle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Here is my dilemma. I fit in a standard sized XL drysuit from the waist up on most brands, but my legs are short and I seem to be a M or L from the waist down. Plus I am a size 10 shoe so sometimes the boots are a bit off too depending on the size.

I am wondering... if I buy, let's say, a DUI TLS350 XL standard size used or "old stock", is there someone in the area that can attach a size 10 boot AND shorten the legs in the process? Just curious... I'm kind of in the investigation mode currently to see how crazy this crazy idea actually is.

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

You should go have a DUI factory authorized dealer fit you. They have variations of the XL, like XL short in your case might fit fine without any alterations. You should also bring your undergarments or try the suit on with the same ones you plan to use, to verify you don't have any mobility issues.

Why buy an overpriced DUI? They are great suits, just very expensive for what you get.

Why buy an overpriced DUI? They are great suits, just very expensive for what you get.

I'd pay a LOT more not to look like one does in a whites fusion. :D

FusionDrysuit.jpg

You should go have a DUI factory authorized dealer fit you. They have variations of the XL, like XL short in your case might fit fine without any alterations. You should also bring your undergarments or try the suit on with the same ones you plan to use, to verify you don't have any mobility issues.

He said "if I buy, let's say, a DUI TLS350 XL standard size used or "old stock"

Mike,

You can call Captain Aqua's in Hayward and ask to speak to Ray. Let them know you are interested in seeing if they can do such alterations.

I know they can get the boots removed and place on another pair of your choice, not sure on shortening the legs, but I may be wrong.

I have gone to them for Zip zeal replacement with original DUI seals for very cheap. When you speak to Ray, tell him Mike Guerrero sent you. :)

p.s
Ding Ding, round one went to Antihero vs Peter_C... :shocked2:

I'd pay a LOT more not to look like one does in a whites fusion. :D
There are always those that pay $300+ for a pair of jeans too. Of course you could wear a Bullet and be streamlined for much less money. Nobody cool wears a Fusion with those ugly graphics. (On that note, no where did I mention what suit to buy in my first post, just saying a new DUI suit is over priced for what you get, which Anti-Hero can not argue about.)
fusion-bullet.png

As Chuck pointed out he may be talking about purchasing a used suit and having it modified. My second drysuit, but first DUI suit was a steal at $400, with 400g undies, for a NOS CF200 that served me well for over 250 dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom