Monterey conditions (Monastery and lobos)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Myka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I plan to dive this week thursday and friday.
For thursday, for this moment I'am alone.

Can someone give me ideas of the conditions for monastery beach tomorrow please ?
Possible do you think ?

I need 3 hours to come, that's why I would like to check before.
Thanks
Mickael:D

Lobos seems like a good idea based on the day and the current wave model. Not so sure about Monastery.

the offshore swell when I dove lobos yesterday was NW 6-8ft if i recall and Monastery looked to dangerous to enter to me when I passed it going in and out of Lobos. It appears the forecast for Thur is a bit better but I would have a back-up plan in case it is still too rough. Whaler's cove in lobos should be an easy entry for sure either day
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mtr/getcwfzone.php?sid=MTR&zone=PZ560

have fun and be safe

-ken

thanks a lot for informations.

The only problem is that I can not dive alone inside the park....
Is somebody wants to join me, just send me an email at mickael(dot)meyrand(at)laposte(dot)fr
thanks

I myself would not dive Monastery on a weekday. There's not that many people passing by and if I had an emergency and had to rescue my buddy I would have a very very hard time performing a rescue and calling for help. We did some surf rescues there for my rescue class and I realized my physical limits when it comes to rescue skills.

I'm pretty sure you can find someone to dive Lobos with you. It's been pretty good lately so it's definetly a good excuse to play hookey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's true. not a lot of people near monastery.....
But I'm still looking for someone to dive at point lobos for thursday.....
Here my phone number, if someone interested to dive just text me before tomorrow 11am.
text message it's more easy for me, i'm french !
thanks
phonesx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom