Hello Kelp Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lionessa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am now pronounced "not unsafe." And if you want to know what that means through a very long note-to-self blog post about my recent refresher class go here. Otherwise, Hi! I'm officially introducing myself after much encouragement from the many strangers I've bothered with PMs. Despite being a member of the board for awhile I really am new, only 25 dives to date, tropical and California cold water, and spread out over the course of too many years. My goal is to tackle Monterey more regularly, however, I am still in the process of procuring gear and figuring out how to order my list of scuba improvement tasks. I would like to get more practice in pool or otherwise. This summer is ideal because I've got a flexible schedule, including weekdays, so anyone who wants/doesn't mind a new buddy/scubaboard stalker/clueless (but hopefully not for long) newbie tagging along, hanging on your every word, asking stupid questions, I'm probably the one to ask.

Thanks All!

Hey lionessa' wElcome! and if you are at breakwater sunday come dive with me. i ould love tO do some easy dives with you look for ny silver toyoya truck. ill be there ariund 7:30

Jeff

Official, HI!

There are many people who are willing to take newbies out. I often do so, but have hardly been diving much myself lately.

I am just about done procuring enough gear to get my g/f certified. Just grabbed a set of HOG regulators and only missing a couple of hoses, and she is ready to go! If you want any advice from experienced local divers post into this NorCal forum and you can get all kinds of help :)

Edit: I just read your entire report. WOW! That is a long read :wink: Great write up! Sounds like Susan worked hard to get you going in the right direction.

Last edited:
Hi Nina,

I'm so happy you worked with Susan. Sounds like the refresher went quite well & you have plenty of technique to pratice now ;-). I enjoy pool sessions and live nearby--so if you'd like to get together and pratice sometime, I have enough equipment for you to borrow until you pick up your own.

Last edited:
Nina,
That great that you got some great feedback from Susan. Looks like you have a nice starting point to work from. I'll gladly take you out one of these days, just let me know when you are ready. Don't rush it. Good divers aren't made overnight. :)

Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey lionessa' wElcome! and if you are at breakwater sunday come dive with me. i ould love tO do some easy dives with you look for ny silver toyoya truck. ill be there ariund 7:30

Jeff

Hmmm... Diving? Or "Mother-in-law" Day? I'm not that brave. I'm going to brunch!

Is it weird that I'm perfectly happy in a pool for 3 hours? Kathy, Monday evenings and Thursday afternoons I'm busy, but otherwise I am open. Which pool do you usually hit?

Ben, are you the Ben of Dive Matrix?

Peter, How you do you like the HOG regulators?

Over eager,
Newbs

Nina, welcome!! There's nothing like trading off between warm tropical and cold CA diving :) Let us know when you're looking to get some diving and practice in, we're all looking for new buddies, and there are definitely a few who have opportunities to get away for weekday dives!

Cheers,
Kenn

Hi Nina, welcome to our awesome diving community!

I just got back from warm water diving myself, but look forward to diving in the Monterey area again. For me it's a lot more equipment diving here, but so much more fun! I'm looking forward to hearing of your diving experiences here! We're a very helpful bunch, so just ask for anything you need.

Back
Top Bottom