What is the Visibility like at Lobos for the next few days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sammyman

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking at heading to Point Lobos sometime between May 15-20th. Anyone know what the visibility is supposed to look like? I know it is pretty easy to walk into Lobos on a week day. What about getting in on a Saturday or Sunday? Or do you need reservations? Thanks!

On the weekends it is next to impossible to get in without reservations... Visibility has been outstanding lately around 40 @ 70 FSW outside of the cove.

YMMV as day to day vis is impossible to predict

I just read that Breakwater is terrible viz. I am hoping to get down to dive soon. Is it the same at Pt. Lobos right now?

I just read that Breakwater is terrible viz. I am hoping to get down to dive soon. Is it the same at Pt. Lobos right now?

We had ~60' viz at Lobos on Fri./Sat./Sun. These things can change pretty quickly, but it has been beautiful (and really cold) of late.

50' to 60' at Half Dome/ needles which is a bit out of Lobos on Sunday and the same vis at Butterfly House (also in Carmel) on Monday.

it was really calm ocean, around 40ft yesterday, we got great visibility even in the Cove (which is a bit unusual), water was around 50F in 80FT (warmer than last week)

sea lions swimming everywhere, tons of jellyfish, we saw like 100 dolphins (from the shore only)

Taking an advanced class to Pt. Lobos this week-end. Sounds like we may have a good one. Anyone else going this weekend?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom