Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryssyr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I was fortunate enough to have some spare time on one of my east coast work trips and finally got to go diving off of North Carolina --my former home.

I'll post images in the NC wreck divers forum too, but for all of you NorCal folks who dont get to see wrecks I have posted some photos on my site.

I went out with Aquatic Safaris' through a dive charter set up by Black Jack Tech diving. Seas were 2-3 feet, the ride out to the Hyde and Markham was about 50 min. 2 divers were spewing chunks on the ride and surface interval but powered through and did both dives.

The Aquatic Safari's boat was a nice big 48 footer. Both Hyde and Markham were in about 85 feet of water. Water was a little chilly 61-62 degrees, and I didnt bring a drysuit, so it was a 5mm semi-dry with no gloves or hood.... brrrr.

Lots of fish, decent 50 ft vis. no surge, a little current and nice easy diving. I did a few short swim through runs but no real inside penetrations.

Fun stuff. Its a lot different than the local stuff and kinda nice for some variety. I keep forgetting that NC has some nice diving. I'll have to bring my gear on more trips.

Here's a preview:

IMG_5690.jpg

IMG_5715.jpg

IMG_5717.jpg

IMG_5735.jpg

IMG_5684.jpg

Back
Top Bottom