Completed my 100th Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bogie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Completed my 100th Dive

Yea!

I completed my 100th dive this Sunday the 16th at Monastery Beach.

The weather was overcast and cool but the conditions at Monastery were great. The visibility was 30 to 60+ feet. The water was cold at 46 degrees but thanks to my dry suit was warm enough. I would not dive this area without a dry suit. My dive buddies had wet suits and were very cold. We had a wonderful lunch after the dive and bonded with lots of conversation about the joy of scuba diving in Monterey.

I have dove a lot in the last 8 months. I dove at Cabo Pulmo, Sea of Cortez and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico two weeks ago. The water was over 70 degrees, 3mm was just fine. Quite a difference between diving in Monterey and warm waters. It is sooooo much easier diving warm clear water. Anyone that dives Monterey regularly has the skills to dive most anywhere.

I appreciate all sea life. The reefs at Cabo Pulmo were wonderful and full of life but coming back to Monterey is where my soul is. Just don’t know how to explain the wonder of this area. Dramatic kelp forests, changing ocean, vertical rock fish, nudibranch of all colors, hydro corals, goofy seals, and you never know when you will see a surprise (Octopus, Monkey Faced Eel, Leopard Shark).

It was an accomplishment for me to overcome the fear and to feel comfortable in the water, even laughing under water as my buddy tossed a dead jellyfish on me. (I think it was dead).

When people say keep diving and you will improve they are right.

I am not the best diver but not the worst.

I love diving and I thank all the buddies that I have had along the way.

I also love the Scubaboard community and have enjoyed reading exciting stories and getting great advice. I saw (Gombessa) Ken at Monastery and told him how much I enjoyed his video postings of dives at Pt. Lobos. I told him how I even look forward to the video of his bunnies.

Thanks everyone, life is good.

Congratulations!

Congrats James! I'm glad to hear that you had a fun in Mexico. I look forward to diving with you & John in the future.

Oh and the LV mask you recommended is working out great!

Congrats on your 100th, it's nice you got it in at an interesting site! You'll always be able to remember where it was.:D

Guy

Boogie,

Where is the proof that you dove and completed your 100th dive? Do you have pictures to back up your claim? J/K

I really excited for you.... Way to go Boogie... :)

Bogie, it was great to see you again, and congrats on dives 99 and 100 on a spectacular day to be underwater! You've gotten a tremendous number of dives down since September, hopefully you're not planning on slowing down the pace anytime soon :)

Kenn

I was told that dive #100 must be done naked... I was told that by some people who did their 100th dives in Vancouver; very short dives indeed!

Congrats on hitting 100.

Hope to meet you in person some day :)

Back
Top Bottom