Atlas dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Are there any retail stores in Norcal (preferably the greater Sacto area) that carry the Atlas glove models used with dry suits? I have a pair of 495s (blue, removable liners) and would like to try the thinner orange models.

I know there are several places to buy them online but I want to try several models and sizes to decide what fits best before I buy. I have read posts claiming that Home Depot carries them. None of the stores I have looked at stock them.

HD, at least around here, does not carry them (though they do carry similar style gloves).

Personally, at something like $3.30 a pair, I'd just order a few sizes/styles from Seattle Marine and see what works best.

Personally, at something like $3.30 a pair, I'd just order a few sizes/styles from Seattle Marine and see what works best.

Yup that's what I did :).

I ended up with the thiner double dipped size M orange without liners. Many guys use size Large.

I picked up some washable liners at REI. Mountain Hardware power stretch gloves http://www.basegear.com/mountain-hardwear-power-stretch-gloves.html

Are the model 620 (orange) the same size as the 660 (blue smurf)? I wear a size L for a standard glove or liner. I suppose I should order Atlas gloves in XL and XXL to see which fits best.

Are the model 620 (orange) the same size as the 660 (blue smurf)? I wear a size L for a standard glove or liner. I suppose I should order Atlas gloves in XL and XXL to see which fits best.

The orange are double dipped, less durable, more sensitive.

The blue are triple dipped, more durable, less sensitive.

I find the orange ones stretch a bit more & I like the extra sensitivity, but many perfer the blue.

A lot of the guys wear L, so maybe try L & XL. If they are too tight, they make great household gloves ;-).

What Kathy said.

I find the sizes of the 620s and 660s to match (I wear L, my wife wears M). I don't really notice much difference between the two types. Right now I'm using 660s, but used 620s for awhile as well.

The orange are double dipped, less durable, more sensitive.

The blue are triple dipped, more durable, less sensitive.

I find the orange ones stretch a bit more & I like the extra sensitivity, but many perfer the blue.

A lot of the guys wear L, so maybe try L & XL. If they are too tight, they make great household gloves ;-).

Back
Top Bottom