No diving Point Lobos Aug 6-15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3:

Or my dream would be to have the ramp extend deeper into the water in a flatter trajectory, with an awesome stair case off to the side!

Right now I have to use a trailer tongue extension when the tide is low, and when it is really low we have to pick the boat up and set it on the trailer, because the ramp drops off. The drop off makes it hard to exit wearing doubles when the tide is really too.

Wonder how many people have been seriously injured on that ramp? I personally know of two, but there are probably many more.

Given budget problems with state parks, I wouldn't expect miracles, unless it's a private effort.

Or my dream would be to have the ramp extend deeper into the water in a flatter trajectory, with an awesome stair case off to the side!

Right now I have to use a trailer tongue extension when the tide is low, and when it is really low we have to pick the boat up and set it on the trailer, because the ramp drops off. The drop off makes it hard to exit wearing doubles when the tide is really too.

Wonder how many people have been seriously injured on that ramp? I personally know of two, but there are probably many more.
Would love to see it extended. I don't really see them adding stairs right there due to space. Would like to see the stairs at the end of the parking lot finished (less surface swimming is good). But....

Given budget problems with state parks, I wouldn't expect miracles, unless it's a private effort.

I wonder how a private effort to improve a part of the state park would work.

small hand rail on a side would not hurt, I've seen so many divers falling on their butts and some of them were not able to get up :crying:

I wonder how a private effort to improve a part of the state park would work.

The ramp was currently maintained and patched by private money, time, and labor donations. I don't see this being any different if it is a private effort.

The ramp was currently maintained and patched by private money, time, and labor donations. I don't see this being any different if it is a private effort.

Do you know who is part of this program? I am really willing to pitch some cash and my time if we can get small handrail (if park approves it of course). I do mostly shore walk-in dives and it's a slippery slope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom