The History of P for Norcal folks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bogie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I decided to repost this in Norcal forum because my Norcal buddies missed this important part of literary history.

The History of Pee

After God created water, he created man, which made it inevitable that man would have to endeavor with water intake and outtake cycles.

Water in its many forms is precious.

My earliest recollection of water outtake was when I was in my mother’s womb. I knew something was feeling good but since I was neutrally buoyant in a warm mini ocean, I did not feel the added warmth. I am not sure if I was responsible for my mother’s indigestion, I just knew it felt good.

The birthing process was much like getting out of my dry suit neck seal. My head was too big and it was quite a squeeze. The diaper phase of my pee history was peasant enough because I did not have to deal with the clean up and of course it felt nice and warm. I did not think that I would have to deal with this phase again but I was mistaken when I took up scuba diving.

Growing up a boy has its advantages. One great advantage we have over girls is that we get to aim at any target we choose if we have the range. Yes we have all done it, you back away from the urinal as far away as you can while hitting the target. You always pee on the floor until you get your range in line. It is part of the learning curve. (Sorry janitors).

During my beer-drinking phase, I could pee over a cop car. (That’s another story)

I will scroll fast forward to the last year because I don’t want to disclose too much.

I started my first dives in a wet suit. Just cut loose any time you want. That is why you rent them, not to stay warm but to get that nice warm feeling covered in stretch neoprene. OK, now I am getting too weird.

I purchased a used dry suit by dive six. It was confusing. Not the donning, not the zippers, seals, cumbersomeness of it, but where the hell do you pee? What a stupid invention. Was this apparel created to torture people?

At first I would hold it until my buddy looked me in the eyes and thought I had jaundice. I played years of football, broke my arm, was bloodied and played in pain every game. None of that compares to DUI internal water torture. I posted a previous thread on one incident over 600 of you troublemakers read it (sic).

I cried uncle and went to diapers. There are not a lot of manly diapers on the market. No pirate pictures, no skull and bones, nothing in black. I have tried every brand out there. If you hydrate and pee like a horse they all leak. It is a stinky affair to change. It was like nothing I remembered it.

I finally found the holly grail of diapers for those of us who pee like horses. I bought them on line (abena, abri-form, m4, 4163). You can pee in these for a week and they don’t leak. (not that I have tried). You will have to add about 10 lbs. and adjust your trim unless you like to dive with your arz in the air (not really). Not a lot of dignity being a grown man and peeing in your diapers.

Well, I had enough of these gorilla diapers when I strained my bicep lifting one of these full pillows of tea after a dive to the bathroom garbage. Used a box of baby wipes and said that is it; I am getting my charge card out and getting a pee valve.

The adventure of pee valves

Now, I am off to a new adventure of sophisticated dive equipment. I returned home with one installed and was surprised to see an automobile pressure hose attached. These hoses are stiff cumbersome man member torture devices. Try to loop it, turn it, or twist it and it flex back and gives you the black middle finger. Ouch! My first experience was painful and I don’t remember the dive. PVT (pee valve trauma).

Next dive I took a knife to it. I cut it so it did not cut me. It was a survival thing. My last dive with it was good. It took a while for me to trust my other scuba gear and I am building trust with this gadget.

Oh, yea, the octopus sticky owie device that attaches to your dive buddy. First time I tried this on in the privacy of my own home I was dumbfounded. What the hell I thought, I need a fluffer. It went on all crooked and got caught in the forest. I felt like Ben Stiller in the movie “There’s something About Mary”. As I was crying, I was going to call 911 but I remembered the pork and beans episode of this movie. Eventually I got everything off but it required a tourniquet for a period of time.

This experience has brought me closer to God. Now I pray Two Our Fathers and three Hail Mary’s when I put these mini-octo’s on.

Anyhow, a bit of baby powder in strategically placed area and now I have an exit strategy.

Scuba diving is a learning experience and I am still learning.

No pain, no gain.

Hilarious! Now what was that about a cop car?

Learn the term manscape. Trust me the ladies like it! Plus it will make your diving buddy look even BIGGER. I look at the cath removal process as a quick test of torture preparedness, yet also a new beginning since it removes a layer of skin, it leaves a fresh start.

Diapers? Ewww...I will leave that one for late in life.

Interesting post, though I'm not sure if this post should be specifically in the NorCal section :wink:

Reminded me of this post too.

Kaza

Great post James. FYI, Rochester makes an external male catheter w/o adhesive on it. You get a sample from them along with the other kinds that they make here:

http://www.rocm.com/reqsamples.php

Also, another term you'll want to learn about is UTI. Hasn't happened to me yet, but after reading about it, I make sure to clean the automobile hose after my last dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom