Carmel River Beach (last week) video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Norcal divers!

Funny thing, last week's video completely slipped my mind. Seeing how Lobos was a bit on the murky side today (not a lot of great video), I'm posting up our dive from May 30 instead.

There aren't too many places in Monterey that look like the Caribbean, but CRB is definitely one of them. If you don't mind the 30 degree water temperature difference, you could swear you were strolling around a tropical resort beach. We've never found much depth at CRB, which also makes for quite a bit of surge. It's also got a steep berm and significant surf zone, so like Monastery, we only get out there on very calm days.

So, without further ado:

[youtubehq]zD_iQqsE6vg[/youtubehq]

Nice video! I love CRB... it specially fun in the summer when you surface to crowds on the beach looking at you like you were nuts for diving :) (maybe we are)

Thanks for bringing us along.

Or when you surface and become a backdrop to someone's wedding... eep.

Thanks for sharing the video. Love how you guys stop to chat with the people on the beach, you're much stronger than I am.

Let's hit CRB with scooters sometime, it's one of my favorite sites as well.

Thanks for sharing the video. Love how you guys stop to chat with the people on the beach, you're much stronger than I am.

Let's hit CRB with scooters sometime, it's one of my favorite sites as well.

and no tables! I would have died trying to go straight from the water to the truck without a break

Thanks for the video -- brought back great memories of diving there with Al last year. And it's fun to see a video of a pure recreational "fun" dive that demonstrates almost all of the Fundies skills in USE!

I really enjoy all your videos, but this one is simply perfect. It's not just the diving video, but the beach shoots with the awesome french theme... and yes I was eating croissant while watching it. Thank you for great Sunday morning.

May I ask what camera you use? My guess is Flip UltraHD with Ikelite housing + maybe filters?, but I can be way off ...

Ken,

Nice twist of video from above, it totally made me feel like you guys were diving tropical. However, with the doubles and drysuit it pulls me back to California waters... :)

It almost looks like you guys could've told the tourist, "okay, we surveyed the pool, it is all safe to swim and have fun".

Thanks,

MG

Nice video, I agree the beach umbrellas give it that Mediterranean look.

Walking into the water an awning is going up and no one is on the beach..... Underwater a while.....Walking out the bride is coming down the staircase and a crowd is present. Sorry, Sorry, Please Excuse us, as we try not to drip all over the wedding party.

Haha, I can't imagine how awkward that would be! It would be quite a photocrasher moment :)

and no tables! I would have died trying to go straight from the water to the truck without a break

I voted to stage on the beach, but was overruled by hardier bunnies :)

May I ask what camera you use? My guess is Flip UltraHD with Ikelite housing + maybe filters?, but I can be way off ...

Spot on! Flip UltraHD, Ikelite housing, and Inon UWL-100 wide lens. No filters since the low-light capabilities of the camera are already pretty marginal, any reds/oranges you see are purely from shooting in the shallows (10-15ft).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom