Hunting lobster on the Pacific Star out of Redondo Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had a bad day on the Bottom Scratcher. I was going to post a picture of an empty game bag, but hey, I'm just not that kind of guy :D

Nice catch

Honestly, best/cleanest heads of any dive boat in Southern California! It's true that the Great Escape and Encore have real "toilets," but the Pacific Star's heads are downright spacious. :)

kelpmermaid once bubbled...
Honestly, best/cleanest heads of any dive boat in Southern California! It's true that the Great Escape and Encore have real "toilets," but the Pacific Star's heads are downright spacious. :)

Does this mean you spend the trip in the head?

She's right.

Big heads with showers. 2 more showers on the gigantic swimstep, big galley (it serves a little funky...as it serves against the back wall of the galley, not down the center like the Great Escape.) Nice, clean bunks. Fluffy pillows, clean blankets. Easy to walk around the deck, nice upper deck with lots of huge Adirondack chairs, soda gun, ice maker (hint: bring your own big mug) huge freshwater dunk tanks for camera hear, huge camera work/charging station down stairs, two gates with mask rinse, fills to 3000#....I could go on.

I'm on the PS many, many times each season with my friends from SSA - I dig the boat. Big, comfy, cool crew. Never a problem on the PS.

Unlike the recent experience on the Bottom Scratcher...what a tub. Among the dozens of things that sucked about my recent trip on that wreck, the heads are a biohazard...even to me. It takes a lot to gross me out (think stadium concert pit pots...and just go down from there...) it was unreal. The bunks we're also a biohazard. Never again. On the plus side, it made me want to spend less time on that floating science project and more time in the water.

K

LOL! No, DCF, I just like to be able to turn around in there without anything accidentally ending up in the bowl!

Jus checkin...never really payed attention to head spacing...jus wanted to get done and out.:tease:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom