Dive friendly hotels in Monterey and Carmel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben Prusinski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I am planning to dive both Saturday and Sunday as the weather and wave forecast looks fantastic. Does anyone have good recommendations for dive friendly hotel/motels in the area? I see one place called the Comfort Inn in Monterey that has outdoor showers to rinse gear after a beach shore dive.

Thanks,
Ben

I think you'll find that a lot of divers like the Lone Oak (and I believe they even offer a discount if you call them, but don't quote me on that).

They do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Lone Oak does offer a divers discount, but you have to book directly with them, not via the web.

They have great rinse tanks and a couple of hooks to hang your gear outside your room. Trick:
Bring a closet rod, put that on the hooks and hang your gear from the closet rod. Lots more
room that way.

Chuck

Good luck, its opening weekend of salmon season.

Yup, the Breakwater was already busy today readying for tomorrow's opening day, including pistol packing Fish and Game officers launching their boats.

I've only stayed at the Lone Oak. Not a fancy new place, but VERY diver friendly, and several decent places to eat within walking distance. I love the rinse tanks and hang bars for dive gear. And there are lots of electrical outlets for charging stuff.

Other pluses with Lone Oak: there's a hot tub (for people, not gear) and there's forced air heating in the room (at least the two rooms I've stayed in) that's about two or three feet off the floor, so you can drape drysuit, underwear (something you need to dry if you wear a TLS like I do ;-), and gear over chairs or the luggage table and it will be dry in the morning.

I've only stayed at the Lone Oak. Not a fancy new place, but VERY diver friendly, and several decent places to eat within walking distance. I love the rinse tanks and hang bars for dive gear. And there are lots of electrical outlets for charging stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom