Video - Bluefish Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Turns out I wasn't the only one with a free weekday; I met up with Ben and we made Thursday a dive day. Swells were flat, and the water was smooth. Ben had the bright idea to scoot out to Bluefish, which I've never been to before. We rounded the wash rocks and descended on some incredible structure: huge boulders, giant walls and pinnacles everywhere. Seems every rock had a resident lingcod, too.

On the way back, Ben found a big, lazy leopard shark, who didn't seem to worry at all about being able to outrun us.

[video=youtube;ZFkhPX9zhr8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFkhPX9zhr8[/video]

Clever, determined bunny! Dare I say they have played that game before?

Love the incredible color on the rocks. That's such a big part of why I love the diving down there. Thank you for helping me get to enjoy it, even when I can't get to Monterey!

Blueberry learned how to do that a week ago. I think she got tired of waiting for us to feed her when she jumps onto her "I want snacks" stool. Now, if we leave the oatmeal anywhere in reach, she pops the lid and gets her head inside in one fluid motion. We're lucky if she doesn't tip the whole thing over.

I'm always on the lookout for strawberry anemones . The new Gopros really capture a lot of latent color even at 80-90ft and bring them to life.

Now I'm just thinking I gotta get back out there; Bluefish is incredibly pristine and there's a lot to explore!

One thing that Kenn didn't mention was that as we were talking to Fellow BAUE-ian Gary he pointed out some o the landmarks on along our chosen route... We were planning on surface scootering over past Marco's Pinnacle... Yup that Marco's pinnacle where Marco met mr GWS many years ago :shocked2:

Last edited:
Most of my leopard shark sightings are inside Whaler's Cove or the shallower end of Middle Reef. Typically between 15-35 ft, on the east side (the Coal Chute side).

Awesome video as always. So far Bluefish Cove has never let me down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom