Diving Tahoe/Reno March 22-25th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iknee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I will be in Reno Saturday the 22 through Tuesday the 25th and would like to dive Lake Tahoe. If anyone has a dive op or shop they would recommend, or would like to join me, please let me know.

Thanks!

Got a drysuit?

Here is some great information about diving Tahoe:
Map
http://www.sierradive.com

I've never used their services, and have only dove Tahoe once, but some things to be aware of:
- Due to winter/snow conditions, access to some of the dive sites will be limited. some of the state parks and recreation areas close in the winter. (and access to other spots may be easier since there won't be the summer crowds filling up every place to park within a hundred miles)
- This is a High Altitude dive
- It's cold.
- Diving from the Nevada side requires a dive flag to be used/dragged around. I hear they are pretty good at issuing citations for those that do not.

I don't think I'm free during that time, otherwise I'd go.
Best of luck.

I was at Lake Tahoe today and you will not have to worry about snow at the lake. Good luck

I would go if I had a dry suit, ? I have dove tahoe in the summer and its great.

Thank you everyone for your help. I contacted Keith with Sierra Dive Center, and he invited me to join them at Sand Harbor last Tuesday. When I went to the shop a few days before to rent tanks and weights, an employee recommended I take the High Altitude class which included all rentals, and a personal instructor (guide) for the day. It was a bargain for $125.

I have never had an issue diving wet in cold water with being cold. I have thought about buying a dry suit for the ease, but if I did, my wife and 3 kids (who also dive) would want one... Definitely not on the scuba budget.

The dive was AWESOME! clear water. Cool rocks. Well preserved wreck. Storm rolled in and created whitecaps, but under the water, still a paradise. ..

Awesome! Glad you didn't miss an opportunity to dive Tahoe.
Now I need to find this wreck at Sand Harbor.

What was the water temp ?. Cannot wait to get back up there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom