Looking for " Hunting Buddies "

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chet_Chet

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, my name is Chet living in San Jose. I spearfish in the Monterey area.
Go north for Abalone. I shore dive and have all the gears either freediving or scuba.
I would like to expend my network of hunting divers. I can go during weekends.

Let me know if anyone want to go shooting lingcods, cabezon, halibut, rock fishes, or abalone.

May want to sign up on SpearBoard California Section.

Also the Triton X Open is September 13. Enter at the FreeDive Shop online before August 5.

Other boards would be North Coast Divers for SCUBA.

Del Monte is good when anchovies come close to shore. If the ocean is flat, head down to Garrapata SP. Check out Carmel River SB near the mouth of the river.

We will head to Carmel River next trip on calm day.
cmburch, Is it good for halibut there ?

Aren't you not allowed to hunt near river mouths? Anyways, I'll be around the Bay Area Sept 9-18 for a wedding and will have gear to dive/hunt. I'd love to rally!

i have never seen halibut at Carmel River SB, but I dive the kelp mainly. Lot of rockfish, some Lings and Cabs. Nice easy area to dive in the kelp. Can see hydra coral and abalone deep in the rocks where the sea otters can't reach. Not many people.

I am just getting into it but would love to tag along if you wouldn't mind. Let me know. I do dive but spearfishing is new to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom