San Francisco Dive Charter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ADK_Diver

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello All,

I am going to be in San Francisco in January...Does anyone have suggestions on dive charters?

Thanks.

The diving in the San Francisco area is down in Monterey. I've only been out on the Escapade, but it's a great boat.

As TSandM said, the diving is in Monterey.

There are several dive boats to consider and you will find them here: California Dive Boats : The Official Page

The Monterey Express is out of business though.

I have only used Beachhopper II and I was satisfied with their service.

There is also a lot of shore diving in Monterey as well.

The other boats in Monterey are the Beachhopper II, the Silver Prince, and the Sanctuary.

I've been on all 3 and all are great. The Silver Prince (10-12 divers I believe) is the biggest followed by the Beachhopper II (8) then the Sanctuary (6).

Just remember that CA boats are taxi services that just get you where you're going so, if you're looking for a guided dive, you'll need to purchase that in advance.

There used to be an outfit out of San Francisco that did GW cage dives out at the Farallons. Golden Gate Adventures I think it was.
I'm not sure if they're still around.

There used to be an outfit out of San Francisco that did GW cage dives out at the Farallons. Golden Gate Adventures I think it was.
I'm not sure if they're still around.

I do believe they still are operational. It is a seasonal thing though and I'm not sure when the season starts/ends. I have seen their signs at the Marina off of Powell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom