Lost Lynx stillwater cove 1/22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

griffon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Lost my liquid vision Lynx Thursday 1/22, I think my bungee snapped when I was moving my kayak. Appreciate a should if it turns up.... Thanks

Griffon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes, hope you get it back. I found the holes in the Lynx to be too small for my comfort so cobbled this mod together.

I have never had stainless steel welded double D-rings fail so started with them on 1" Nylon webbing. I ran the Nylon strap under both pins like a NATO watch band. I added Dynema string through the bungee holes in case both pins failed.

I get really annoyed by instruments that slide on my wrist, and like to wear them a little inboard so I don’t have to rotate my wrist to read it. All of my wet and dry suits have small loops that the computer webbing passes through to keep them positioned. Secondarily, they would keep the computer loosely captured even if the Nylon band failed.

Attachments

• P1240006.jpg
    P1240006.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 68
  • P1240007.jpg
    P1240007.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 67
Good idea, I have had both the rubber strap fail and the bungi once already. I thought I had it setup right so it would be ok if only one side of bungi failed, but either I didn't or both scraped off :(. No luck so far.

Awesome! As a result of this post?

Did you have your name or contact info on it or did they hunt you down through Liquivision registration? Amazing when you think about it, especially this time of year. Sort of restores faith in humanity.

I did reach out to LV to put a db flag on the serial number, but I had a tag on it too. Also left my contact with restaurant/club. Short answer is, people are good, even non divers. Course in the mean time I had gone out and purchased a Mares icon HD black... Ugh, what to do :p.

I'll take that Mares computer thing for ya dude, glad to help..thank me later..

Back
Top Bottom