Dive from a boat in Lake Tahoe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TDA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello scubaboard,

I'm new to the forum and new to the dive boat charter business. I'm a licensed USCG 100 ton master and starting this summer july 1 ish 2015 I will be operating a 24ft Radon for scuba diving and other water related sports (but I hope more diving). The "Four Aces" is a low profile urchin boat from Santa Barbara so diving off it is a piece of cake. I can trailer the boat around the lake so any dive spot is within reach. I'm guessing emerald bay and rubicon wall will be the most popular. But I'd love to do some crayfish hunting dives and have boil on the beach. We will see.... Im in the process of building a center mounted bench that can seat up to six divers. Diving from a boat is the way to go in Tahoe. I'll update my status once Four Aces hits the water in June. PM me with any questions or suggestions.

Thanks

Capt. Blaine Kelly

Great news, keep me in the loop when you get it in the water. I can round up some buddies to head up there. We love diving Tahoe

Great news, keep me in the loop when you get it in the water. I can round up some buddies to head up there. We love diving Tahoe

Please post your website or any information on how we can sign up once your are ready.

After three summer months of green Monterey water, the clear blue waters of Tahoe are a nice change of pace. Looking forward to hearing more details about your operation.

Do you have a web site?

What are you planning on charging?

Although Rubicon wall is a nice dive, it is easily accessed from shore. Emerald bay sounds good and I believe you have a few sites in your neck of the woods as well.

Greg , the longest dive gear was i had was a scooter around Rubikon wall about 3 hours :)

Interested in Emerald Bay if the price is right.

Thanks for the interest. Tahoe Dive Adventures probably won't have a website this season. After speaking with a padi boat insurance provider I will need a professional DM or instructor on board with underwater liability insurance to cover the diving and my vessel will have passenger insurance. I want to operate on the weekends depending on demand.
I'm leaning towards a $100.00 hourly rate on the boat and not a price per seat. With a 3 hr min. Filling the boat up is not my goal. If 2 or 5 friends want the boat then they get it. Those rates aren't set in stone. The drought in Cali has lead to really low water in Tahoe. My primary launch may only be Cave Rock state park. Cave rock launch will be a complete Circus this summer. Which is a 8 mile one way to the rubicon wall area. Emerald bay might be a lake in september. I was hoping to access Tahoe city launch and visit the crystal point area, but low water will be a challenge there too.
Sorry to sound depressing but Cali and the Tahoe area are in a severe drought with very real economic/environmental consequences. But on a brighter note the beaches will be bigger than ever before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom