Husky table

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keithbt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I did some diving this winter in Monterey. I saw that alot of divers had Husky tables out. What are these tables being used for? Just to place your gear on? To place the tank with bc onto, then dawn? Some guys had trucks so my second idea real isn't valid. I've dove for more than 10 years in socal and had never seen one used by a diver. I pull into the parking lot by the breakwall in Monterey and 5 out of 10 divers had one.. :D

So they got popular GUI and some clubs. Pep role use them as tables to setup the bc and then don or dough them. They are good (adjustable?) height for it I gather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use them quite a bit.

While back of SUV and trucks work, it's handy to have a second surface to prep other gear, or for other buddies if we can't park close together.

Add a plywood top to it as well.

It's not height adjustable.

Wife and I have them (in SoCal). Used for gearing up, mostly for doubles. Once we got a truck with tailgate, though, we stopped using them. Great if you're diving from a car, though.

I use both, but postdive I prefer the Husky. That way I'm not pouring salt water into the tailgate mechanism of my truck. I learned that trick after spending $200 on replacement latches and cabling after they rusted out from salt water intrusion.

-Adrian

I have a husky table and if I cannot find close parking or if I want to setup with a group in a field, I'll use the table. I've also seen people doing tech training with doubles putting the table close to the water, but out of the way of others and use that to rest and review between dives.

If you are diving doubles, it's awfully nice to be able to take the table close to the water, the doubles down to the table, and THEN get all suited up and weight belted. Same is true for single tanks, if there is a really long walk from the car to the beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom