Lobos reservations moved to state parks web site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3D diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
FYI:

The Point Lobos web site no longer handles reservations and the dive calendar is gone.

Instead, reservations are handled by this CA state park site:

Point Lobos SCUBA Diving

I recall this was mentioned during the recent fee increase brouhaha.

the State website actually routes you to active.com. They seem to be a run of the mill third party reservation site. The fee for tomorrow is $30, where as monday is $20, and they want to sell me magazines as well. And... there is a mysterey fee of $2.67. didnt bother to look at why its there, but they did ask me I wanted to find out how to save that $2.67... Cheezy.

Feh. I have been out of lobo since they jacked the rates up and utterly thumbed their nose at any kind of accountability, much less proving the need by transparently showing where our past fee's had gone.
So now add on fee's and magazines? Lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't understand how they can get away with privatizing public lands to this degree with such a rogue and unexplainable program.
I think it's special interest run amok.
I never even got to dive there, such a shame.

I still don't understand how they can get away with privatizing public lands to this degree with such a rogue and unexplainable program.
Public-private partnerships! What could go wrong? Good for everybody, I mean the principals.

Um.. what do you mean?

Still better than the "no reservation" days, or even the first phone in reservation system, IMHO.

For some reason, the web service our government chose are usually some of the lowest quality web sites. Think DMV, this active.com, franchise tax board, EDD ...... I like it when things move online, but common, it is 2015, don't give up pre-2000 website

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom