Monterey area chambers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melfox26

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is the Pacific Grove hyperbaric chamber the only running one in the Monterey area?

Not that I need access to it, just want to know.

Mel

Yes, Pacific Grove has the only hyperbaric chamber in the area.

As a footnote, IF you (or anyone else, for that matter) are showing signs of de-compression sickness, DO NOT go directly to the chamber. Treatment in PG's hyperbaric chamber comes after a physician has diagnosed the DCS. The chamber is not staffed with the necessary medical personnel. The closest 24-hour medical treatment facility is Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula (CHOMP).

It’s more information than what you asked for; however, I felt this was important stuff to add.

Cheers, Jeff

MontereyCADiver's info is good: You gotta go to the
CHOMP ER first. No ER, no ride. Now, do you know where
CHOMP is? (Get off at the top of the hill on Hwy 1 between
Monterey and Carmel and follow the hospital signs).

I believe there is also a monoplace chamber at CHOMP
that's used for other things.

Suppose you are diving another area of Norcal? In Sacramento, Mercy San Juan had a couple of one person chambers last time I was up that way. According to DAN that was also closest to Vacaville. Travis AFB certainly has chambers and competent and relevant medical expertise but I am not sure who besides active servicemen can access it. How about people from other parts of Norcal such as Tahoe and the North Coast sounding off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom