Dive charters in Morehead/Beaufort area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maximdim:
Guys,

Any good dive charters in the area? I called Olympus and Discovery the don't have space left on the days we're going (Oct 9 & 10th). Any recommendations whould be much appreciated. Thanks!

All of the charters in the area are good. Most people have 1 or 2 they prefer, but I very rarely hear anything bad about any of them.

Try DiverDown, Atlantis and SeaTales (in no particular order).

Another strategy is to find out who has booked Olympus and Discovery. Often a dive shop has reserved the whole boat and you can get a space by calling the shop directly. I know Discovery posts this info on their website, I'm not sure about Olympus.

Weekdays are not crowded in the fall - you can also find a trip by shifting dates.

www.diverdownscubadiving.com
www.seatales.com
www.atlantischarters.net

Good Luck!

fireflock:
Another strategy is to find out who has booked Olympus and Discovery. Often a dive shop has reserved the whole boat and you can get a space by calling the shop directly. I know Discovery posts this info on their website, I'm not sure about Olympus.

We have Olympus booked for the 8,9,10th. Last I heard there were 2 spots left.
I have a pre-trip meeting tonight and can find out for sure.
Will post back tomorrow.

maximdim:
seatales and atlantis are booked as well.... left message for diversdown....
Capt Bobby is a hell of a skipper, but not really good about returning calls. He just took over a shop this year, in addition to his charter boat, but last I talked with him, he can't get the help he needs.

Call him back around 5 Eastern or later. :crafty:

maximdim:
Excellent advice DandyDon! Indeed I spoke to Bob and he has spots for us on his charter. Looks like we're getting there ;-) Thanks!
Glad you got your spots, we were booked out.

Yeah, it's not like Brockville. There's enough demand there to support half a dozen big boats, and when they're full - they're full. Most of the trips are all day, so there's not much else they can do. I think one of the charters incurred too much damage from last year's hurricanes and gave up. If Bobby had someone answering the phone all day, he'd fill up early, too, but that takes a lot of shop business to afford that, and he's just started growing into it. Haven't been since he took it over.

Good news is the water is 10 F warmer off of Morehead than off Brockville. There's an equipment deck, a dry lounge, and a flying bridge - the latter being where you want to ride if you're prone to motion sickness. You'll want to pick up deli sandwhiches the night before to take with you on the boat; he should have a cooler. I take a quart of gatoraid and a quart thermos of decaf coffee or hot chocolate. There's head on board, but most of the guys whiz off the back. :D

Tell him that DandyDon said Howdy. He knows the name. :zorros:

I know that Capt. Bobby of Diver Down has room for the weekend of the 9th. Give him a call....it's the best boat down there IMO.

Thanks for advice everybody! Just got back from NC...two days of diving with Capt. Bobby - fantastic, have no other words! Me and my buddy had a blast - wrecks, sharks, blue water! Nice change from diving in Great Lakes ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom