Anyone from Greensboro? Residents' opinions sought

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic_diver45

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm moving to Greensboro NC for a new job (or rather, I've been offered the job and I'm debating whether to take it or not). Is there anyone from there (or nearby)? I'd like some honest feedback on it (I don't count all the stuff the Chamber of Commerce posts about the town on the internet as unbiased, honest feedback) before I make my decision. Any assistance you can render would be most greatly appreciated. I will be taking the job unless I find out something truly horrid about the town, so if anyone from within a few miles (about 30 or so) wants to get ahold of me just to chat, please feel free to private message me. It would be nice to "know" someone in the area before I get there.... :wink:

Catch you all later.

-Steve

Steve,
I live about 2 hours from Greensboro, haven't been there since my younger days when I was going to concerts at the coliseum, but we have some excellent diving down here.
Come on down, we're good people here.

Jason

Just shows it's an interesting world out there. I live about 40 minutes south of Greensboro and am originally from Terre Haute.

Isn't that just a bit on the unexpected side of things.....what took you to NC? How do you like it? How long ago did you leave Terre Haute?

hear my take on Nc its hot in summer , most winters are mild compaired to what you used too we have some of the best Ocean diving when the sea's let us and some quarries when it don't. to be honest the city has its good points and bad as well as any city , trust me I should now.
I work the EMS sysytem part time there !!!!!!!!! its a moderate size city like any other that growning , crime no diffrent hear than any other city its there, but allot of nice places to go and visit too.

Are there any volunteer fire departments or rescue squads in the Greensboro area that you can recommend? I'm looking at trying to continue my involvement in EMS and fire operations.

yes there are both rescue and fire , the EMS system of course is paid easiest thing to do is when you get down hear just drop by one of the fire depts they can guide you from there or if you know what area your moving too I can ask ahead of time who to contact.

medic_diver45:
Isn't that just a bit on the unexpected side of things.....what took you to NC? How do you like it? How long ago did you leave Terre Haute?

I live in High Point which is about 10 - 15 min away. We moved here from CT. The winters are ok not as bad as CT but there is a lot more ice. Summers are Hot at times. All in all I love it here. My 17 year hated it at first now he likes it. We have been here for 6 years. Any questions feel free.
Stacy
:dance:

I've been to Greensboro/High Point several times on business. Great city! Here is a dive shop that I recommend for training, dive trips or gear purchases. No affiliation here, just a good experience. http://www.nadcoscuba.com/ I know this won't be a factor in your decision to move, but in case you do, check them out.

medic_diver45:
I'm moving to Greensboro NC for a new job (or rather, I've been offered the job and I'm debating whether to take it or not). Is there anyone from there (or nearby)? I'd like some honest feedback on it (I don't count all the stuff the Chamber of Commerce posts about the town on the internet as unbiased, honest feedback) before I make my decision. Any assistance you can render would be most greatly appreciated. I will be taking the job unless I find out something truly horrid about the town, so if anyone from within a few miles (about 30 or so) wants to get ahold of me just to chat, please feel free to private message me. It would be nice to "know" someone in the area before I get there.... :wink:

Catch you all later.

-Steve

Steve,

I live in Kernersville, which is just West of Greensboro. One positive thing about Greensboro is that they have focused a lot of efforts recently on the "revitalization" of downtown. More shops, businesses, restaurants, bars, and even a new minor league baseball stadium have been added to Greensboro's downtown area.

From a diving point of view, you're only about 3 1/2 or 4 hours away from FANTASTIC wreck dives off the NC coast. More locally, Blue Stone Quarry in Thomasville is only about 45 minutes away if you just want to go blow bubbles somewhere nearby.

Good luck in your choice.

Gerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom