Bluestone - May 15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suthnbelle

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A few of us are diving at Bluestone quarry on May 15. If you're interested post here because we will be cooking out and don't want to leave anyone out. :D

Mel

Like always I would like to go but still don't have my work schedule squared away yet. Right when we had a nice summer schedule (Duke University), one of the managers shifted to another store and destroyed it.

PS: Where is Bluestone Quarry? Somewhere in NC or is it in VA?

I might be interested. I have only been there once before and that was in 2000 I think, so I will need my memory refreshed.

1. Do they rent tanks and have a fill station there?
2. What is the park entry fee?
3. What is the water temp that time of year.
4. I know they have a website, but I don't recall what it is. I think it is bluedolphindiiving or something like that (named after me...LOL, okay maybe not).
5. Anyone interested in carpooling?

Linda

Their website is www.bluedolphindive.com/bluestone.htm, took me long enough to post, right? :D

So far it looks like it will be: Me, Bobby F, Jason B, Kristi H, NCDiver2004, Corigan, Under H20, Plankspanker and BabyDuck. Anyone else want to join us?

suthnbelle:
Their website is www.bluedolphindive.com/bluestone.htm, took me long enough to post, right? :D

So far it looks like it will be: Me, Bobby F, Jason B, Kristi H, NCDiver2004, Corigan, Under H20, Plankspanker and BabyDuck. Anyone else want to join us?

Sounds fun, and I wish I could join, but I'm side lined with an ear infection. Have fun and blow some bubbles for me!

Kriterian:
Sounds fun, and I wish I could join, but I'm side lined with an ear infection. Have fun and blow some bubbles for me!
Ugh, Been there, done that. I hate ear infections. I have been putting hydrogen peroxide in my ear, 50/50 solution of alcohol and vinegar, and then lightly blowing into it with a hair dryer on low and have been lucky as to not get another. I'm knocking on wood. I wish we could see you out there this weekend Krit, but there is always other weekends to dive.

Matt

Corigan:
Ugh, Been there, done that. I hate ear infections. I have been putting hydrogen peroxide in my ear, 50/50 solution of alcohol and vinegar, and then lightly blowing into it with a hair dryer on low and have been lucky as to not get another. I'm knocking on wood. I wish we could see you out there this weekend Krit, but there is always other weekends to dive.

Matt

I dove Fantasy Lake with a few other wreckmaniacs a week earlier, which seems like a long time to me to be the cause. I used hydrogen peroxide about 5 hours later when I got home but apparently that didn't help. I was lucky this time, and had some antibiotic drops from my last one, and that helped stave it off.

I'm going to pick up some vinegar tomorrow to make the 50/50 diver douche.

Hope ya'll have fun, and let's see lots of reports when you get back!

We had a great time today diving at Bluestone! It was Me, Bobby F, NCDiver2004, Kristi Hager, BabyDuck, Corigan (and his gf Fran), Jason B, Plankspanker, UnderH20, and GrierPharm. The vis wasn't the greatest (I'd estimate 10'), water was about 46 degrees, but it was a chance to get wet and hang out with friends. The dive shop there has a great set up. Even has a tram to take you down to the water to drop off gear. They had warm water showers in the changing rooms right by the water. That was a pleasure to use immediately after diving and in my case, for warming slightly numb toes. (Gotta get thicker booties, and dive socks) If you're ever in the Charlotte/Greensboro area and want to blow some bubbles that is the place to visit.

Mel

Yep, thay have a pretty slick set-up there. I had a great time seeing all my fellow NC (and GA) dive buddies! Looking forward to the next one.

Jason

Back
Top Bottom