Is there any wreck diving in New Hampshire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saxatilis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
To start with, I'm a jersey wreck diver. However, it seems I will be spending some time in New Hampshire. I know NH has some shore diving and charters seem to run some trips but there don't seem to be many ship wrecks. I am going to be in the Portsmouth area. Any help finding places to dive would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

No Saxatilis - at least not the kind you are probably used to in NJ. There are many charters out of the Cape Ann/Boston area that may go off NH/MA coast. It isn't that far a drive from Portsmouth [1 hour max/40miles interstate.] There are wrecks off NH but there aren't any regularly scheduled charters that I know of out of Portsmouth/Rye area. Do a search on Cape Ann wreck diving for charter operators.

This is in that area if there is anything left of it.
NHcoast.jpgWreck.jpg

There are a number to choose from out of Cape Ann or Boston. NH itself is more about shore diving and the lakes. Check out Northern Atlantic Dive Expeditions on their boat "The Gauntlet" or Cape Ann Charters on "The Daybreaker" (though the boat isn't back in the water until later this year) or Cape Ann Divers. The first 2 are well regarded Tech boats, the 3rd is a rec-only. Wrecks in the area range from surface through to 250+

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom