Diving Newport 9/29/2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
This is from my last dive outing in RI. I was diving in with my buddy Mike, despite the relatively low visibility it was a pretty awesome day. I have footage from the second dive, which wasn't quite s good as this dive. But, it still had it moments. I took some time to experiment with image stabilization software. The problem I had was that once I had a stable image, I couldn't easily edit it into a final video with the software I had. After all that work, I ended up leaving the stabilized images on the cutting room floor.... I decided to see how my video looked using Vimeo instead of YouTube. Let me know what you think.

The fish hanging out under the boat at the end of the video are Banded Rudder fish. They are much paler than others that I have seen, but they have tiny flecks of white on tips of the fins. And they were hanging out under a boat (also a very rudderfish like of activity). If anyone thinks I am wrong, I would be interested getting your input. We also had some other really good finds on this dive. I hope you enjoy it!

[video=vimeo;108264475]http://vimeo.com/108264475[/video]

Thank you for sharing Rich, I might be getting out there on Friday. I don't think I've seen those fish you speak of...

Back
Top Bottom