The International Oceanus Society - INVITATION

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FiddlerOnTheRoof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
As a professional musician and life long explorer and environmentalist, I have started a new organization here in New England. I think it is important that we all take part, as best we can, to protect our little blue planet. I have felt a great connection and love for the ocean and its inhabitants since a very young age. As a parent, I am growing more and more concerned with our future and the harmful things we humans are doing to our waters... Without our oceans and natural water sources we will seize to exist. Please join me in this endeavor and act locally...

INSPIRING and EMPOWERING people worldwide to take part in EXPLORING and PROTECTING the world’s oceans.
Founded in 2015, The International Oceanus Society is an organization of divers with various affiliations. We host seminars, plan dives, have cookouts and other activities that are open to certified divers of all levels and people of all ages that are interested in learning more about ocean conservancy. Our dive program consists of local New England dives and occasional trips to international dive locations. We regularly schedule local dives with many of the various dive charter boats. As long as the weather’s good, IOS dives nearly every Saturday and Sunday throughout the season. We typically have both a basic, beginner Open Water dive and a more advanced dive each weekend along with planned fresh/salt water cleanup projects and much more. The schedule is always subject to change.

The International Oceanus Society (IOS) serves as a voice for ocean wildlife. We are an independent organization, staffed by a committed group of divers, professionals and passionate advocates who have defended our oceans for many years. IOS works on the big issues concerning the sea. Our key focus is to create community awareness, help make our fisheries sustainable and protect and recover our threatened ocean wildlife, such as our sharks, seals and whales. We also work to protect our precious coasts from inappropriate development.

A key component in all of our campaigns is to give our oceans the best chance of resilience against climate change impacts. If we can keep our oceans in the healthiest and most natural state, without pressures from overfishing and pollution, then they will have increased ability to cope with these changes. As part of this focus, we work to improve water quality and reduce pollution and marine debris, which entangles, chokes and smothers our marine life and habitats.

Online at: www.internationaloceanussociety.org

background.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom