Growing project needs more hands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stillhope

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The TV series "SEA-Inside: Pacific Northwest" has been successful because of the many generous and talented underwater videographers and photographers who contribute work to the show. It is like a magazine, and I have been acting as editor and producer to put it all the contributed content together, to get it on TV stations and the internet, manufacture copies, promote it, solicit more content, find sponsors, etc. But this spring the TV series is budding, and it's growing too big for me to manage alone.

Invitation: any of you out there looking for ways you can help our marine environment during your surface interval -- please consider contributing some time and/or content to this TV series.

Mission: introduce the general public to the Northwest underwater world, promoting stewardship by showing the beauty, the magic and the mystery of what's below the surface of our waters.

What kinds of help do I need?
Content: I'd like more underwater video stories -- stories about the critters, about their habitat, their behavior, or even about their dreams, conversations, or hallucinations. Stories about in-the-water conservation projects are especially needed. There are many, many of those stories the public needs to hear about, but ordinary TV stations aren't interested in.

Artistic and Technical Skills: I need help from people with various skills such as graphic design or visual art, writing, fund-raising, research, promotion, outreach (e.g. newsletter), music, animation, etc.

Non-Profit: I'm in the planning stages of forming a non-profit to manage this project and make it easier to qualify for grants and attract sponsors. So far I haven't had enough income to pay the bills, much less give something back to the content contributors. I'd really like to attract more funding so I can give some compensation to the people contributing videos, photos, music, etc. If you'd like to be involved in the non-profit organization, please let me know too.

Connections: If helping this project doesn't seem like a good match for you, do you know anyone who might welcome this opportunity? Over the last 2.5 years, the reach of this TV series has grown to about 3 million homes (not to mention internet streaming) and has quite a few fans, so I think it's doing a lot of good and has the potential for doing lots more.

Comments: Got some ideas that you think could benefit this project? I'm all ears.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom