STOP "JEDDAH DIVERS" Madness - diving center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be more specific, The video is no longer available, and if its just spear fishing thats not necesarily bad. Responsible fishing is one thing but extreme sport fishing is another and explotaion a whole other world. You need to post details about what your asking help with.

Be more specific, The video is no longer available, and if its just spear fishing thats not necesarily bad. Responsible fishing is one thing but extreme sport fishing is another and explotaion a whole other world. You need to post details about what your asking help with.

I did not see the video too but am sickened by those images of the divers holding onto the Napoleon wrasse, a fish that diver yearn to see. They were obviously enjoying themselves with their "catch" and have openly displayed that. Jeddah Diver should never encourage this act by posting those photos on their website. To me, this is just plain stupidness!

I do not condemn spear fishing but am concern about the type of fish being caught.
Although Napoleon wrasse is very common in the Red Sea but it is very rare in South East Asia thanks to the Chinese restaurant trade and illegal fishing. I read somewhere that they are protected in the Red Sea (park ranger control) but I'm not sure. We all know that humans are their biggest threat and I'll not wait till later (when it's too late) to speak up.

I'm requesting help to sign the petition against Jeddah Diver for their irresposible act.

Jovin-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom