Shell oil about to "Make it happen" for bowhead whales - sign petition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danielle's_Dives

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I belong, follow, support and watch several marine conservation groups. I love diving and think it is only fair to support and give back to protect the divine creatures we see in our oceans.
The Center for Biological Diversity and several other conservation and eco awareness groups are now being sued by Shell Oil for standing up to them. To add insult to injury, Shell oil is trying to collect legal fees they incur to fight the groups.
I have a big post on my blog today from my fictional fish friend, Barry the Barracudas viewpoint, if you are interested. Link is in my signature line. Extremely eye opening ho large corporations are allowed to get away with decimating and destroying our earth's vital resources and creatures in the name of a profit.
In a nutshell, the Bowhead whale lives on the surface of the arctic oceans exclusively. They do not live in the Pacific, Atlantic or anywhere else. The approved drilling would mess with 5600 whales nesting and migratory grounds.
If you are interested in more information, please feel free to PM me and I will give you some more contacts.
If you are interested, follow this link and sign the petition to stop the offshore drilling please.

At some point, we have to make companies accountable for what they are doing to our natural resources. And marine animals, creatures and plants are some of those natural resources that I love to look at when I am diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom