VT3 metric to imperial?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomhorton1987

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
This may sound like a stupid question but im new to the whole dive computer thing. Can the VT3 be changed between metric and imperial to display in ft/psi and m/Bar? As when im training with BSAC dive profiles are covered in m/bar but when im training PADI in the USA its all discussed in PSI/ft? If the VT3 does not support this does anyone know of any computers that do?
Thanks alot

It does. You can download the manual here and see for yourself: Oceanic VT3 pdf manual

tomhorton1987:
If the VT3 does not support this does anyone know of any computers that do?
To the best of my knowledge - they all support it.

I have found it easy to change my settings to my VT3 with the oceanlog progam. Just set them to what you want then upload them to my VT3. Pretty easy :D

thanks everyone for the fast replies really appreciate it. Guess im off to order my VT3 now then! :D

Another option would be to order the metric versions of the PADI resources. We use all metric in Australia and have the texts to go with it.

Sorry I just saw that your teaching PADI in the U.S, I only looked at your profile info which says UK.

I say use metric anyway, bring the U.S up to world standards.

The VT-3 can also be changed into metric configuration using the receiver user definable menu options.

Darryl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom