Switching VT3 back into AIR mode after using nitrox mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaw

Reaction score
Hello all,

I used my VT3 for the first time and loved it but I just need to find out about one small item.

I used Nitrox 32 for my first three dives and then the next morning I wanted to use air. When I went to change my computer back to air from nitrox 32 it never would display the word "Air" (that I was accustomed to seeing) so I choose 21%. Is this the way this PDC works or was there something that I should've done different?

Other than that I love this thing!!!!!

Thanks for all of your help.

Hello all,

I used my VT3 for the first time and loved it but I just need to find out about one small item.

I used Nitrox 32 for my first three dives and then the next morning I wanted to use air. When I went to change my computer back to air from nitrox 32 it never would display the word "Air" (that I was accustomed to seeing) so I choose 21%. Is this the way this PDC works or was there something that I should've done different?

Other than that I love this thing!!!!!

Thanks for all of your help.

Yep that's the way it works - just use 21%

After 24 hours since last dive it will re-set and then show Air, but as you have discovered if you set any numerical value such as 32% and a dive is made you will not see the word Air until the 24 hour period has expired. This should be in your manual under "Setting FO2 for Norm Nitrox Dives"

Thanks Shark Bate,

I appreciate your reply. I'm not so worried that I'm doing something wrong then.

Back
Top Bottom