Regulator Identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kb2ehj

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Could a Oceanic rep id this reg?

I recently came across this regulator setup and was curious as to the model number and what time period it was manufactured, and any other info you might have.

The Second stage that was a attached was labeled as a Oceanic Alpha 7 and the words 'delta' on the top of it.

Picture of the first stage is attached, hoses have been removed for clarity.

Thank you in advance.

Mark

Attachments

• valve_01.jpg
    valve_01.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 160
  • valve_02.jpg
    valve_02.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 165
Thats a DX-4 Balanced first stage, Circa 2005-2006.

Normally paired with a Delta first stage (not Alpha 7 for the primary) - the Alpha 7 - did you mean an Octopus (yellow) one?

Thanks for the input Rich.

It does have a yellow faced 'alpha' regulator attached to it, but the front writing is worn. So I can't get anything else off of it (it doesn't have the word 'delta' on the top)

The primary is clearly marked as an Alpha 7 and words 'delta' on the top if it.

Mark

Is the primary second stage an adjustable regulator, that first stage was mostly paired with a delta 3, if it says delta on top it could be a delta 2. The delta 2 and alpha 7 second stage box is the same size, that could be why it says alpha 7 on the front cover but delta on the top. If you could supple pics of the second stage it would be easier.

The primary is adjustable and the octo has a yellow face and also says alpha 7 but is not adjustable. (I didn't take snaps of that one)

I agree, I should have put picts of the second stage also.

Here you go.

Attachments

• reg01.jpg
    reg01.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 99
  • reg02.jpg
    reg02.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 114
That's a Delta 2 second stage with an Alpha faceplate.

Thank you for the update. I'll have to remember that.

Are these decent regulators? or would they be better used on a pony bottle?

Oneof the technical instructors i know uses the delta two as his regs for his doubles, so they are really good regulators. They are a little older but they are still a great working regulator.

I have the same 1st stage, but it came with an Omega II. It has the enviromental kit (the rubber boot around it ) which helps keep out the crud. Bought it new from a Oceanic dealer in 2001 or 02, so they have been around a little while. I have used is as my primary for the last several years until I got a new Omega II with a CDX-5. It has never given me any problems at all. I switched to the new one as my primary, and use the DX4/Omega II for my pony rig. Mostly I throw it on an extra tank and use it for a hang tank on the boat. Get it serviced an you should be happy with it. FD:D

I too have aquired a similar setup. Can you tell me if it is the same model and age? The 1st stage appears the same but is not rubber coated and the second satge says Delta but has a white triangle face plate. See image

Attachments

• Oceanic.JPG
    Oceanic.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 349
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom