VEO 250 doesn't go out of H2O mode even when dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I made 3 dives last Wednesday. My VEO 250 worked well as usual. I rinsed it a little after the 3rd dive (before a 6 hours boat ride back) and then let it soak for an hour on the drive home. I downloaded my dives the next morning, still not thinking anything was different. I realized later that night it hadn't turned off (always does 24 hours after the last dive). Then I noticed it still says H2O mode. The manual says the contacts are still bridged and to rinse it more. I let it soak overnight, then let it dry another 18 hours, it still says H2O and doesn't turn off.

How do I fix this? I thought of taking the battery out but would rather minimize the opening of the case.

BTW this was the first time I used it after my LDS did change the battery. Coincidence or could this have anything to do with it?

I would take it back to the LDS and have them check it out for you.

I may do that, but have not yet for two reasons:
1. It is no longer under warranty.
2. I bought it at another LDS that is no longer in business, in fact my LDS that changed the battery doesn't even carry Oceanic, they carry Aeris.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom