Battery change in Versa Pro console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

terfmop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've acquired a Versa Pro console, and I'd like to know how I go about removing the computer from the console in order the change the battery. I've changed the battery on a wrist mount computer, my Veo 250, but not from a console. I don't to risk breaking it in my attempt.

her's how the guy at the LDS did it:
He took a thin, not sharp, blade (sort of like a butter knife blade), and gently placed it ibnside the boot, near the opening for the side button.
Then, he pried the side of the boot away for the computer (again, it seemed like he was being very careful-although that may have been for my benefit ) :)
With the side botton free, he used the blade to gave a slight lift/push to the bottom of the module, and the module slid out-"riding along the blade.

He mentioned that on some console/boot setups, you can just push the module out from the back, being careful to push nearer the side without the button- so that when the other side is free, "the button just pops out of the hole in the side of the boot.
good luck with yours.
Mike

It might also be helpful to warm up the boot with some warm (not HOT) water allowing the rubber to stretch.

her's how the guy at the LDS did it:
He took a thin, not sharp, blade (sort of like a butter knife blade), and gently placed it ibnside the boot, near the opening for the side button.
Then, he pried the side of the boot away for the computer (again, it seemed like he was being very careful-although that may have been for my benefit ) :)
With the side botton free, he used the blade to gave a slight lift/push to the bottom of the module, and the module slid out-"riding along the blade.

He mentioned that on some console/boot setups, you can just push the module out from the back, being careful to push nearer the side without the button- so that when the other side is free, "the button just pops out of the hole in the side of the boot.
good luck with yours.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom