VT3 Data Logging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RVBldr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a VT3 set on 30-second logging with a wireless pressure transducer/ wireless on a ScubaPro S600/ MK25 regulator.

Yesterday, I had a free-flow, and at that moment, data from the computer seems to indicate a momentary loss of link, upon re-acquire of signal, the pressure read 2344 psi, which was correct. I went on octo, and tried to resolve the free-flow (to no avail), and the pressure dropped rapidly as I was down below 95 ffw. The pressure logged 2128 psi for two minutes (4 records), then logged 2080 psi, for the next two minutes (another 4 records). It actually logged a :00 dive time remaining while still at 66 ffw, which was about right as I went on my buddies secondary at that point as I was OOA.

Although the pressure was dropping rapidly (2344 to about 0 in less then 3 minutes), the computer continued to log invalid data, although the computer itself did show 0 psi.

Any thoughts on the behavior?

You're in an uncontrollable free-flow situation, and you're concerned about how the computer tracked it? Really, who cares?

An uncontrolled free-flow has to be considered an abnormal condition by any stretch of the definition. Under those conditions, I wouldn't expect the computer to behave perfectly. It sounds like the display gave you the data you needed at the time. Plenty of gas when it started, but dropping rapidly. At the time, that's all you needed to know.

-Charles

I could have cared less at the time, the computer was showing the appropriate PSI as pressure dropped. In reviewing the events, I was curious as to the computer behavior while reviewing the events. Sometimes there's actually some learnings to be had by reviewing the situation after the fact.

Very well, but this is a long way from a normal operating condition. I doubt you can come to any solid conclusions from this.

-Charles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom