Oceanic OceanLog logging software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is the OceanLog log software available? I have 2 Data Plus 2 computers and the infrared download cable with the Parallel connector and want to down load them to an old PC I have.
What file format does the OceanLog program store the information in?

When I looked there I could not find any software that went back to the Data Plus 2 and a parallel connector interface. Every thing was for USB and contact connectors not the IR on the Data Plus 2.

Hmmm.....I would shoot them an email or call there customer support. I don't think they (Oceanic) are on here very often.

Nah...Oceanic is pretty good about making stuff right if they can. In all honesty call is probably your best bet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

They depreciated the software that goes back to the serial sync cable. I tried a a year or so to get the installer with no luck. There is some fine print on the website that lists the support cut off dates and says something to the effect of we won't even reply by email about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I figured out. I called and was politely told we do not support something that old. This not going to ruin my life but doesn't instill confidence in oceanic.

It's ok to sunset support at some point IMHO but how you do it is important. Not sure they have really hit the right balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see sunsetting electronic hardware support because of inventory and production issues but software does not really take much in the way of resources. Some HTML code a little hard drive space and you do not have to support the software just make it available.

It may be interesting to see if Oceanic ever responds to this thread.

Do they ever pop in here and answer questions or is it basically a users community to pose and answer questions among themselves?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom