Cracked Secondary Purge Cover -- again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jacked_72

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
This time the purge cover that has cracked is an Alpha 7. I've lost two Oceanic Octopuses to cracked purge covers. Is the Alpha 7 cover still available? Why does Oceanic use this soft plastic that rots out an cracks for parts that are designed to be flexed? There are 40 year old regulators running around with hard plastic purge covers and purge buttons that don't crack, but this modern plastic just can't take what it was designed to do for any reasonable length of time. And if it is still available is this one of those parts that Oceanic will not let be sold to the consumer? Are there other covers that will fit if this one is NLA?

Sorry about that jacked_72. Most current model regulators use similar designs... while they certainly should last longer than seems to be the case here. Replacement parts are available - PM or email me and I'll arrange to have a replacement sent out immediately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom