Oceanic Veo 2.0 - turns off after 2 hours then resets and does another 2 hour count

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basking Ridge Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a VEO 2.0 and never noticed this before. It is just over a year old - I have not replaced the batteries and have never seen this before.
I dove last Friday night and cleaned the unit with fresh water - as I normally do I put it back in the box for the next dive.
Yesterday - essential 4 days later I was curious about something and opened the box to find the unit still on. Today I watched the unit do a 2 hour count down (I monitored till I saw 1:59) beep and shut down. Less than 30 seconds later it booted up and is doing another 2 hour count down.
Any thoughts? Is it battery related or something else? BTW the battery does not show low...
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Two possible things to check: wet or corroded contacts or a stuck button. A stuck button usually exhibits some other issue - like scrolling through screens. If soaking and making sure contacts are dry give our tech support guys a call to further diagnose or arrange for service. 800-435-3493.

Thank you - FYI - I just put it in the pool - like a reset. So now I need to wait 24 hours. But thank you for answering.

---------- Post added October 16th, 2014 at 01:42 PM ----------

FYI the Veo did turn off after the dunking in the pool - but next time if there is a next time I may call Tech Support. Thanks

Bringing this thread back up, this is my second Oceanic Veo 2. The first one was replaced by Oceanic because it would not stop turning on and I am now having the same problem with this one.Both computers have been taken care of to manufacture's instructions. The battery is rated for "300 dive hours", yet I've already gotten the low battery indicator after 40~ dives. The buttons are not stuck, nor are the contacts wet, or visibly corroded.

Is this a common issue with the Veo 2? I'll be bringing it into the LDS tomorrow for them to handle.

So this thread pops up on a google search for "Veo 2 resetting"... Exactly the same thing is happening with my veo 2...turns off after 2 hours then resets and does another 2 hour count...I found the problem is with the automatic water activation triggering, for some unknown reason. The way I "fixed" it, (not really) was to just turn off wet activation option. Just turned that off and it stopped doing it.

yes ..turn off water activation.

Just returning to the thread - I have since changed the batteries - I leave Wet Activation on and so far no issues - changing the batteries may have worked or it was one of those odd things that went away...

I am having the same problem. At first, giving it an extra long soak in warm fresh water fixed it. When that stopped working I needed to remove and replace battery. Now that has stopped working as well I have just turned off wet activation. I will know in 2 hours . . . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom