Oceanic VTX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FlyinV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is anyone diving the Oceanic VTX computer?

I just picked it up from my LDS its a beautiful computer with a very easy to change battery.
Very similar to the transmitter battery system.

Sadly I will be on unit 3 now
Both computer 1 and 2 went crazy after the first dive.

I am hoping its just bad luck and number 3 works correctly.

My LDS is awesome and said if number 3 goes crazy they will give a full refund on it.

Hmmm no one....

Well I am off to dive with unit 3 tomorrow.
I hope it survives.

Sounds like they haven't ironed out the problems with it's predecessor the Aeris 300CS yet.

Number 3 died

Dive 1 -- Appeared normal except a button push made an "Earmark Applied" message pop up
Surface Interval - Computer prompted over and over to calibrate the compass and was switching screens randomly
Dive 2 -- Screen where switching by themselves, various calibration errors then it went dark and never came back

The computer is going back monday and my LDS is refunding me

I was using another computer as my main dive computer while I checked this one out.
My other 2 computers I have Pro Plus 2 and VT4 have been awesome -- those are both highly recommended.
VTX - Not recommended.

Number 3 died

Dive 1 -- Appeared normal except a button push made an "Earmark Applied" message pop up
Surface Interval - Computer prompted over and over to calibrate the compass and was switching screens randomly
Dive 2 -- Screen where switching by themselves, various calibration errors then it went dark and never came back

The computer is going back monday and my LDS is refunding me

I was using another computer as my main dive computer while I checked this one out.
My other 2 computers I have Pro Plus 2 and VT4 have been awesome -- those are both highly recommended.
VTX - Not recommended.

Computer 2 did exact the same.
Nr. 3: dive 1... No problems so fare. Cross my fingers :)

I used my VTX on 26 dives in the Roatan two weeks ago with no real issues. There were a few times over the course of the week where it momentarily lost connection with the transmitter, but after turning down the sampling rate from 30 secs to every 15 secs, I didn't see it anymore.
I also saw the "Earmark Applied" message from waking up the computer at first. I never researched which button caused it, and instead turned off the auto dim.

I replaced the battery every 2 days due to of all of the reports of battery issues in the Aeris version. Battery status was always reporting "Good", so I don't know if this was necessary or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My name and phone number is being put on new VX computer is anyone else having this problem

This computer gets HIDEOUS reviews and yet Sport Diver tries to sell it incessantly on Facebook. I wonder how much Oceanic is paying them...on a side note, my Oceanic Datamask flooded at the HUD after 4 months and so now I'm on my second unit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom